Christine A. Ryan
My time is spent working with rust, wood, photographs, paint, tools and found objects through sculptures, digital photographs and oil paintings. I have a strong personal affiliation with rusty old cars and metal because of my experience working with my family run antique car restoration shop in Southern New Hampshire.
The hues of rust resonate with me and feel like home. The oxidation of rust tells a story of its decomposition and loss. Recovery or restoration can take on varied meanings, whether it be a person or an automobile.
Original Oil Paintings, Mixed Media and Sculptures. Commissions Welcome.
Articles & Awards
- The Merrimack Journal Issue dated December 14, 2013 Cover StoryThe Pelham Journal Article in the December Issue
- The Telegraph 2012
- Gallery One Newsletters 2008 & 2009
- The Telegraph New Business Review 2008
- The Hippo 2008
- Holland Windmill – 3rd Place Acrylic Greeley Park Art Show 2014
- The Louvre, Paris France – Greeley Park Art Show 2008 3rd Oil
- The Boy Playing in Water – Ripple Effect 2008 Honorable Mention.